Revitalise keratin Step by Step Guide
BLONDE & COLOURED HAIR
The Salon Professional Revitalise Keratin treatment is expertly crafted for blonde
and coloured hair, this protein-packed formula delivers unmatched straightening
and alignment, offering clients the pinnacle in hair care innovation.
● Using Revitalise Keratin Blonde & Coloured Hair Shampoo (1) Shampoo hair
twice, to remove any build-up of products on the hair and scalp, this will include
any debris found on the scalp.
● Please ensure that you do not shampoo vigorously, avoid scratching the scalp or
using any pressure on the scalp.
● For curly and resistant hair, leave the second shampoo on the hair for 5 minutes
then rinse with warm water, ensuring all shampoo is removed from the hair. Blot
● Do not use conditioner
● Blow dry hair up to 80% (You can use a hood dryer).
Revitalise Keratin Blonde & Coloured Hair Smoothing cream (no2).
● SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING – Wear Gloves (To avoid irritation from
● Using a bowl, applicator brush, tail comb and gloves, begin the application
● Divide hair into 4 primary sections. Measure 1 oz of Revitalise Keratin
High LisPlasty Total Smooth Smoothing Treatment into a bowl (depending
on the hair density or length, an additional ounce may be required).
● Start at the nape using 1/4-1/2 inch sub-sections.
● DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON TO THE SCALP.
● Apply a minimal amount of treatment a 1⁄4 inch away from the scalp
through the ends.
● DO NOT OVER-SATURATE THE HAIR WITH TOO MUCH TREATMENT
● Use a tail comb to evenly distribute treatment throughout the sub-sections.
● If there is treatment remaining on the comb after combing through hair,
pull down the next sub-section and comb the sections together to ensure
● Complete application to the entire head.
● Once the application is completed, set the timer for 45-60 minutes, comb through
the hair after 15 minutes and every 15 minutes thereafter until the full processing
time has been completed. (Please see essential guide). ( link here to time guide)
● Avoid over-saturation as this may cause unnecessary vapour during the infusion
process and increase drying time.
● Once processing has completed. Rinse hair thoroughly until the water appears
clear. Blot dry the hair.
● Blow dry the hair with a brush 100% smooth and dry ready for your selected
number of passes (please refer to the Head Chart for directions)
● A paddle or round brush is recommended.
Heat Infusion Process
● Once the blow-dry has been completed. Sub-divide the hair back into 4 sections.
● Set your straightening irons to the selected heat temperature.
● Start at the nape by using 1/4-1/2 inch sub-sections. (Your sections should be
fine enough for you to see your hands through each section taken). With hair that
is identified as resistant, start your passes at the most resistant area first.
● Pass straightening irons through the hair with a slow steady pace using a tail
comb. For the perfect first pass, iron the hair from roots to ends in one smooth
motion leaving the hair to cool for 2 seconds (when working on hair that has been
previously treated reduce heat temperature for mid-length and ends).
● Continue ironing using the recommended heat setting and number of passes.
● Ends will often need fewer passes.
● For an ultimate final finish, iron the hair once at 180°C / 360°F in large sections.
The key things to remember when using Revitalize Keratin Systems be clear of the required outcome for your client.
1. The higher the heat applied the more straightening affect achieved.
2. The higher the number of passes during flat ironing, the greater the straightening.
3. For, reconstruction and restructuring of curl memory, flat ironing after blow drying is not required.
4. Higher temperatures during flat ironing provides higher shine, less frizz, and more resistance to humidity.
5. It is important to remember when ironing the hair you MUST use fine sections as guided failure to follow
this guideline will impact on your straightening results