Step by Step Guide
AFRO FOR TEXTURED HAIR
Expertly formulated professional hair treatments, revolutionising the hair
straightening and alignment process, created specifically for diverse afro hair types: from frizzy to thick dyed textures.
● Use the Revitalise Keratin Afro for Textured Hair Shampoo (1) and shampoo
hair twice to clear product build-up and debris from the scalp.
● Ensure a gentle shampooing process, avoiding vigorous scrubbing or undue
pressure on the scalp.
● For curly and resistant hair: leave the second shampoo application for 5
minutes, then rinse with warm water thoroughly ensuring all shampoo is
rinsed out and blot the hair dry.
● Do Not Use conditioner.
● Blow dry hair to 80%. A hood dryer can be used.
Revitalise Keratin Afro for Textured Hair Smoother (no2).
● SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING – Wear Gloves (To avoid irritation from low pH)
● Using a bowl, applicator brush, tail comb and gloves, begin the application
● Divide hair into 4 primary sections. Measure 1 oz of Revitalise Keratin Afro for
Textured Hair Smoother (depending on the hair density or length, an additional
ounce may be required).
● Start at the neckline using 1/4-1/2 inch sub-sections. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY
ON TO THE SCALP.
● Apply a minimal amount of treatment a 1⁄4 inch away from the scalp through to
● DO NOT OVER-SATURATE THE HAIR WITH TOO MUCH TREATMENT PRODUCT.
Use a tail comb to evenly distribute treatment throughout the sub-sections. If
there is treatment remaining on the comb after combing through hair, pull down
the next sub-section and comb the sections together to ensure proper saturation.
● Complete application to the entire head.
● Once completed, set the timer for 45-60 minutes, comb through the hair after 15
minutes and every 15 minutes thereafter until the full processing time has been
completed. (Please see essential guide). This product can also be used under
● Avoid over-saturation as this may cause unnecessary vapour during the infusion
process and increase drying time.
● Once processing is complete, rinse hair thoroughly until water appears clear. Blot
the hair dry, ready to blow-dry.
● Blow dry the hair with a brush, 100% smooth and dry, ready for your selected
number of passes (please refer to the head chart for directions, if needed)
A paddle or round brush is recommended.
Heat Infusion Process
Once the blow dry has been completed. Sub-divide the hair back into 4 sections.
● Once the blow-dry has been completed divide the hair into 4 sections.
● Set your straightening irons to the selected heat temperature.
● Starting from the nape, use 1/4-1/2 inch sub-sections. Ensure these sections
are transparent enough to see your hands behind. Begin ironing at the most
● Pass the straightening irons through the hair with a slow steady pace using a tail
comb. For the perfect first pass, iron the hair from roots to ends in one smooth
motion leaving the hair to cool for 2 seconds (when working on hair that has been
previously treated reduce heat temperature for mid-length and ends).
● Continue ironing using the recommended heat setting and number of passes.
● Ends will often need fewer passes.
● For an ultimate final finish, iron the hair once at 180°C / 360°F in large sections.
The key things to remember when using Revitalize Keratin Systems be clear of the required outcome for your client.
1. The higher the heat applied the more straightening affect achieved.
2. The higher the number of passes during flat ironing, the greater the straightening.
3. For, reconstruction and restructuring of curl memory, flat ironing after blow drying is not required.
4. Higher temperatures during flat ironing provides higher shine, less frizz, and more resistance to humidity.
5. It is important to remember when ironing the hair you MUST use fine sections as guided failure to follow
this guideline will impact on your straightening results